Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Flaming Pumpkin by Guy McIntosh

Well Halloween is near. What a great time of year it is. Colors change and the air is cooler. A mood of home and hearth, comfort and a little more fun. Without getting to far into how I feel about this time of year I will let this little image say it for me. I give you

"The Flaming Pumpkin"
A bit of fantasy for sure but, when I wanted to do a Halloween painting I didn't want the carved jack-o-lantern. Something simple but also something that would let my mind wander and be that 10 yr old boy whose imagination came in waves. Remember that feeling of wonderment where all things were possible? Staring into flames did it for me. And what better image than a flaming pumpkin to take me back and smile.
 
"The Flaming Pumpkin" Acrylics on canvas panel 6x8 ready to frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment