Friday, September 4, 2015

Chess Piece by Guy McIntosh

This little piece came about when I felt like doing some still life paintings. But what to paint and how to get the light I want. So I started digging around my stuff. It didn't take long before I found some remnants of a chess set I bought in Taiwan back in the summer of '69. They were laying in an old Japanese sewing basket.Each piece brought back a flood of memories, I seemed to be all over the south pacific and Thailand in those days. Thanks to the USAF (SAC). Many a night I sat with friends honing our chess skills in the hot muggy nights of Guam and Okinawa listening to the sounds of the island jungle.

The painting is Acrylic and pastels on a textured Masonite size 9x12.

Available: Contact Guy Here

No comments:

Post a Comment